Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thankful Thursday 13




This looked like such a positive thing to do, I just wanted to jump in there! I hope I'm not breaking any blog etiquette rules or anything, but there are many invitations to join. Here goes! Besides, who could resist something with such cool alliteration? ;-)

Thirteen things I'm thanful for:

1. God. Apart from Him I can do nothing.

2. Himself. For the past 18 years he has solely shouldered our financial burden so I can be home with our babies.

3. Being home with our babies. So the oldest is now an adult, the middle is now a sophomore in high school, and the youngest is almost 11! My days are full and rich because they are in my life.

4. Our Home. I choose not to see the failing roof or failing drain field. I'm so happy to live here.

5. My friends. What a feeling to know help and encouragement are just a phone call or keystroke away!

6. Jack the Schnauzer. He just adds so much to our home, and I mean that in a good way.

7. Home school break! Too bad it has to come with humidity. We should school during the summer and take ALL of spring off! If it weren't for the classes I teach . . . .

8. 14 People currently in Mexico. I can't wait to hear of our church's youth group and their experiences in Mexico! Sunday can't get here quickly enough.

9. Medical Insurance. Understand, that I have been married 21 years and have only had insurance for the last 2! What a blessing it has been with broken arms, and now wisdom teeth removal.

10. My car. According to my son, it has the BEST stereo. I'm thankful it has air conditioning, four doors, and no oil leak.

11. Brandon P. This kid mows our lawn, but he does so much more than that. He makes my yard a beautiful thing to come home to. He keeps us moving forward with landscape design, instead of having to use all our (short amount of) time on maintenance. This kid does BEAUTIFUL work!

12. My church. It's our second home.

13. This laptop. It's opened a whole new world! Yes, I can go crazy now that it's summer, but not during school. I'm calling it "research."

That was fun, and a very good thing to do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm thankful for YOU - your beautiful insight and joy in sharing your experiences. PW will never realize her far reaching touch.

Blessings, Kim

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker