Thursday, September 27, 2007

Home School Days

As we get closer and closer to having our school room done, we eagerly anticipate the day when all the "stuff" will be in one place and not scattered all over the house!

Here are a few pictures of a typical day. Glenna sets up an experiment on the effects of weight on speed.

Two matchbox cars, both weighed, one weighted down.


Science is pretty serious stuff. Here she has on her "scientist face."



Go! The weighted car is the blue blur. Feel free to donate to my camera fund so you don't have to look at blurry pictures like this.
She concluded that weight does affect speed, but then she read about Galilleo's experiments. Conclusion: Gravity is a harsh mistress.




These are Kelly's sculptures for History of the World. We try to do unit studies, so as many academic topics as possible are related. For History of the World, she's also getting a literature credit, an Art credit, and an English credit.



Aren't they cute? The camera doesn't do justice to their cute little hineys.




I wonder where they are now? I wonder if she saved them, or if she named them and invented an entire habitat for them as Glenna would have done?

In other news, I have permission to say that Ty's band has recorded a new 2-song EP. They just received the finished product via email yesterday! May I just say, WOW? Their four days recording have produced some incredible results! I'll have to let you know when it's available to the general public.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need that little cow guy! Cute! Love it she is still barefoot. I'm still flip flopping, but my piggies are getting chilled.

We're off track in Spain - interest in explorers - so I might need a bunny instead of a cow!

LOL, Kim

Anonymous said...

Hehe! Kelly's sculptures are mighty cute!
Keep up the good work, Glenna! A physicist in the making?

I heard the new stuff last night. :D :D :D
My reaction was also WOW! for lack of a more thoughtful exclamation.
This morning at school, Zach gave me my very own CD. Needless to say, I am overjoyed! It made my trip to school completely worthwhile. :]

Bagel Two said...

She does look very Cal-scientist, with her surfer attire and serious expression. Or I guess that would be Flor-scientist.

Hey, love those sculptures! If Kelly still has them, it was my birthday yesterday...

Also, where's the video of the band practice that we requested? I bought a lighter and everything. C'mon, Ty-ler, Ty-ler, Ty-ler!

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker