Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Sunrise, not Sunset

The first night of the retreat, I didn't sleep very well. When I found myself awake at 6 am, I slipped out onto the balcony to see if I could catch the sunrise. It's a foreign thing to this Californian; watching the sun come UP at the beach!


I saw the shadowy figures of my fellow "retreaters" getting ready to walk along the beach. Since I couldn't make anything out without my glasses or contacts, I decided to quickly change, put in some eyeballs, grab the camera, and head to the beach.



I'm really glad I did.








Even with my simple camera, I think these came out pretty well.



A friendly couple spotted this starfish, and they were holding some sand dollars they found. I took their picture, but for some reason blogger won't let me post them right now!



BT, I want you to try and grasp what I'm about to tell you. Maybe because you've been gone from Cali longer than I have, this won't seem nearly as strange. Are you ready? Ok, make sure you're sitting down:


<-------------North. South ------------>

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I immediately began singing that song when I saw this.
What beautiful pictures! Although I'm not a fan of the beach, it is breathtakingly beautiful early in the morning!
Thanks for sharing.
--
I know what you mean. I'm super duper excited for them about this week! All that talent together in a recording studio...only good can come out of this!

chocolatechic said...

Absolutely stunning.

Bagel Two said...

I'm always sitting when I'm at the computer. Duh! as Chloe would say.

It took me a second to realize what you were saying, but when I did, I laughed. Ever since I moved from Cali, I have no idea where north and south are. I'll be talking about going up to my mother-in-law's, and Rich will say patiently, "You mean down. Or over." Sigh.

Megan Marie said...

those are great pictures!!!!
haha! I was going to say something about the north is on the left and south on the right, but then I saw the picture at the end!!! haha! thats great!! =)

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker