Saturday, September 01, 2007

On a Lighter Note

Let's talk about something else, shall we? :-)


Hobbs the Schnauzer has long since returned to his family. We kind of miss the little guy, and we're glad when we get to go over and visit. He's so happy to see us! I came across these pictures I took while he was still visiting.

Pet owners will understand this whole thing. Dogs realize that if they bug the Mom, action will happen. Hungry? Bug the Mom. Thirsty? Bug the Mom. Need to go potty? You get the idea.

One evening, I was sitting on the couch and trying to do my Bible study (Beth Moore "Jesus, the One and Only" for those of you who are curious). I caught movement out of the corner of my eye:
Two schnauzers, moving in for the stare down.


Here they're keeping a safe distance, but the staring has definitely begun! Notice the two techniques; Jack has the direct stare, Hobbs has the more respectful, casual-over-the-shoulder stare.
Since this has only brought the result of chuckles and camera flashes, Jack makes his move.


I don't have a great camera or time to use any photo altering software, so you'll have to put up with the glare in the eyes. Trust me; his eyes are a deep, dark brown and they speak volumes!




Ooh, the big guns! Jack has rested his chin on the couch and is now looking up at me through his eyebrows. I can't resist this one! If I'm in the middle of a movie, I'll move my knee over to block him from my sight, or hold up a pillow strategically so I can't see him. He hasn't yet learned to move back into my line of vision.
Anyway, he wins this round. I holler out, "The dogs need something!" Jack eagerly moves toward his objective, whether that be hunger/thirst/potty.


Hobbs sees that Jack was on to something there. He doesn't know exactly what happened, just that Jack is now walking with a determined and satisfied air. Hobbs moves into position.





Let's see, how did he do that?


Oh yeah. Casually stare.





Wait, it's chin on the couch, then stare, right?




Oh, chin on the couch, look extremely cute while staring, then add a little noise in case she doesn't realize I'm here.
Victory! Both dogs went outside.

2 comments:

chocolatechic said...

How cute.

I have 2 cats that have their own little ways.

Anonymous said...

aha!
I always get a kick outta your Schnauzer posts.

I hope you're taking the day OFF tomorrow.

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker