Friday, May 16, 2008

If I told you . . .

Many of you have asked what the neighbors did to warrant (pun) the S.W.A.T, police, and fire trucks.

I would have asked them, but they may have had to kill me. So, I didn't ask.

We have often referred to this particular neighbor as "That Mafia Guy." He just had the appearance of a mafioso, you know? Lots of gold jewelry, people arriving and departing all hours of the day and night, and he never left the house. All of this spelled "shady business" to us.

Himself made a point of waving to him each and every time he saw him. He reasoned we wanted to be on this good side. Glenna and I even caught his little dog when it escaped and helped him with that, which is when we learned his name was C. He even said to us, "Your husband is a nice fella. I need to meet him." He complemented me on my son's drumming, told me of his band experiences, and that was it. Nice guy until he was arrested!

That is, if he was arrested. We didn't actually see that part. All I know is, things have been much quieter around here.

For months prior to this, we had noticed a man in a white car hanging out in our neighborhood. The girls felt kind of creeped-out by it and told me about him. I kept a keen eye on him and was ready to report him to the police, but my Harley Democrat neighbor told me he was a PI and spying on someone.

Well . . . we all know who he was spying on now, don't we? People, do you know what's going on in your neighborhood?

1 comment:

Bagel Two said...

Now you have to think up a pen name and write cute neighborhood mysteries about Florida suburbs, 'cause you sure have lots of material. And, by the way, good thinking, Mr. J. Always stay on their good side.

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker