Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Convention!

It's that time of year; time for the home school convention!

Each year, I help out at the convention and earn money towards curriculum for the upcoming year. I'm so thankful God has faithfully provided opportunities for me to do this!

This year, in celebration of my 10th year of home schooling, I am staying two nights at the resort! Normally, I get up at o-dark-thirty and drive down there each day, then drag myself home at the end of the evening, and then I get up and do it all over again.

Not this time!

This time, I get to go up to my room and pour over all the information I've received. I get to check my lists twice and make sure I've gotten everything. I get to rise at a decent hour and actually apply make-up correctly! I get to sleep in a bed I didn't have to make, take a shower in a bathroom I didn't have to clean . . . you get the idea.

BONUS: My friend BA is coming on Friday and staying overnight.

EXTRA BONUS: My Kelly and The Kate (short for Kate the Great) are coming, too! They have all kinds of pampering planned, along with hanging out at the pool, cruising the exhibit hall, and sleeping.

Glenna will be home with the Dad. I told her that when she's in 10th grade like her sister, it will be HER tenth year of home schooling and we'll have to do it all again!

So, this is probably my last post until Sunday. Or Monday. Or, whenever I actually recover.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! A resort! I hope you live it up! :D
With two fine girls, such as Kelly and Kate for company, you're sure to have a blast!

Rebekah said...

I hope you had a great time!

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker