Tuesday, June 24, 2008

How to Walk a JRT

After a day at the fair and a dip in the Pacific (intentionally or no), it's time to care for the animals. Two of the dogs had become ill while I was there. One, sadly, didn't make it. The third, Tank, has so far been fine and may possibly be carrying a litter.


This is how they give Tank a walk:

The nine year old fires up the golf cart. The Dad holds the leash. Off they go!





After a tour around the five acres, Tank is properly exercised. Don't let the hanging tongue fool you. She still has plenty of pep!


For my final evening in California, they took me out for some authentic Mexican food. First the Pacific, and now this. Could a visit get any better?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to take Blue for "walks" while riding my bike, but this is brilliant! ;)

This is a catch-up comment for your last three posts. Thank you for posting all these pictures; they're great! (Can you tell I'm a visual learner? :)

P.S. Don't you just love Kelly's hat? :D

Mrs said...

Yes, love the hat! Goobie bought her a beautiful sash and Kelly tied it around the hat. Marvelous!

Jenna Lyn said...

heyhey mrs! that is a purty birlliant way to walk a dog. In Texas I dislocated my shoulder while trying to take my dog for a walk- while roller blading. Solomon (our small lab/cocker) took off running down a grassy hill- who knows why I didn't think to let go of the leash =) I tumbled right on down- passing the dog. i was indeed a bright child.

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker