Friday, June 27, 2008

Visitor

While budgeting, there are areas in our spending we try to reduce in order to make ends meet. Some areas are easier than others. For example, I have given up lattes at Starbucks. It was easy to do once I began the diet to reduce my migraines, but I surely miss them! Another example would be magazine subscriptions or cable television. We haven't had cable for years and we don't miss it. In fact, we can't even tune in the local channels; our TV is pretty much a monitor for DVDs and videos.

One area we don't skimp on is lawn maintenance. There's nothing more depressing to me than an overgrown lawn or unkempt yard. (That word is spelled correctly. The Spell Checker says so!) Plus, Himself would work hard in the heat all week long and then had to work hard in the heat to mow the lawn and trim everything on the weekend! It's worth it to me, and to him, to have Brandon P of Lawn Enforcement do it every week.

It's also worth it to me when we find things like this in the yard:


This visitor was in our boxwood bushes in the front planter. I was standing at the kitchen window and I noticed him as he LEAPED from the rosemary to the boxwood. In case you've ever wondered, snakes can jump!


My guess is he was after one of these:


We have lizards everywhere. In fact, one of the things that crept us out about Florida (besides the fact that things in the water could eat us) was the fact that when you walked past any shrubbery, it rustled. It moved.
Brandon, where are you? Come quickly, please! It's also creepy when it turns its head to look at anyone moving.


Get thee back to the rosemary! And then get thee out of my yard! That is, after you've reduced the lizard population. That's fine. Where oh where is an R when I need them?

I especially hate when I'm walking across the back yard and one of these black racers zip through the grass ahead of me. A little warning would be nice!


I've included this video because it was amusing. This is what I sound like when Glenna puts the camera on a different setting and doesn't put it back to normal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, on the other hand, am far more vain about the way I look...who cares about the house. LOL

And the "Oh Glenna" sigh was funny. My recordings usually say, "Oh, it's on video. Drat, I have got to learn to work this camera." At least you have someone to blame...

Bagel Two said...

Snakes and lizards are pretty to look at when one goes to the zoo...not so much fun in your yard. J, I would never leave the house! Or, if I did, it would be at a great rate of speed, shrieking and high-steppin' it the whole way--kind of like Spongebob taking out the trash 'at night.'

Mrs said...

Bwhahhahaa!!! The visual!

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker