Monday, June 30, 2008

Tag, I'm It!

My friend D at Rigel's Zoo tagged me. I'm supposed to give six little known facts about myself.

Are there really six little known facts about myself? Don't my friends and family know everything already? I'm sure I'm an open book! Everyone knows I'm not a cat fan. Everyone knows I get migraines (though hardly ever anymore!). Everyone knows I refer to my husband as "Himself" and that I'm crazy about him. At least, I hope they know that!

I'll give it a try.

1. I like listening to screamo rock music. My favorite is Underoath! I love their passion for God and for hurting youth, but I also love their music!

2. I love to play volleyball, but I'm not very good at it. Mainly I just stand in one spot and cheer for everyone on my team. Occasionally, I get a hit in, but at least I can score points when it's my turn to serve.

3. I would love to live in a desert mountain by the beach. I'm sure it exists somewhere! I've always been torn between my love of the Pacific, the coolness of the mountains, and the beauty of the desert. I guess I need three homes.

4. I feel more comfortable speaking in front of a group of junior high kids than in front of adults.

5. I don't like driving over bridges. I'll do it and it doesn't keep me from crossing them, but I stay in the middle and pray the whole way over. I thank God for the new bridge over the St. John's!

And lastly -

6. I really don't care to have people touch the top of my head. Thanks, Bro!

And I tag . . . BT. You can leave it in the comments.

BA . . . leave it in the comments.

Phyllis in the Ukraine . . . if you can find time!

And Phyllis in TN. I know you'll make time! :-D

3 comments:

Bagel Two said...

Oops. Sorry to be late in posting!

Six little known facts?

1. Talking to people I don't know well but want to know better makes me extremely nervous. I can make useless conversation with strangers, but have a hard time making friends! Surprisingly, I have learned that I intimidate people--I am actually a shy person.

2. Driving over bridges, ditto, J! Plus, driving through tunnels, over rivers, and on the sides of mountains...wow, I am Very Anxious.

3. I often think I am a horrible mother.

4. Since very few people know me, I feel safe in saying another little known fact is that I will read almost anything, and can read a hundred pages in an hour. In fact, I will ignore housework, exercise, and even homework (!) in favor of reading.

5. I have recently taken up Tae Kwon Do with my daughter--it is way fun and WAY exhausting.

6. I always wanted to be a librarian.

I bet you didn't know just how neurotic I was, J!

Mrs said...

Actually, I've had my suspicions. ;0) Isn't driving over a river considered being on a bridge? Or are you talking DRY bridges, too? I just hate the ones over water.

Glenna wants to be a librarian, too! You'd make a great one. You should go for it.

I was joking with Glenna the other day about her career as a librarian:

Kid: Know any good book series?

Glenna the Librarian: Well, there IS a new one out, but I know my mother would never have let me read it when I was your age. How about Hank the Cowdog?

Bagel Two said...

Yes, ANY bridge--dry, wet, or undecided. It is a real Trial of Terror crossing from Cinci to Newport to go the aquarium.

That Glenna's a sharp one. I wish her luck in her career!

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker