Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Angry Monkey

When I claimed Himself's laptop as my own, I put my own wallpaper on the background and selected the "sounds" I wanted for certain activities on the computer. The "Nature" one sounded sweet, so I selected that one.

When I boot up the computer first thing, I'm greeted by the pleasant sound of birds as if they were greeting the sunrise.

When I shut my computer down, I hear the mournful call of the coyote, probably sad because I'm leaving for a while.

When the computer needs to ask me a question like whether to save the changes on my computer or not, I get the wise reminder of a hoot owl.

BUT . . . .

When there's a warning, like an attack on my computer or I've just done something that could have adverse consequences, I get the Angry Monkey.

What a screech! If the computer is turned up loudly (as it is every time the band comes over and they listen to other bands on line) it honestly scares the bejeebers out of me. I couldn't even show you or tell you what a "bejeeber" is because I don't have any left.

The stupid virus, popping up every ten minutes, has this sound. I've dubbed it The Angry Monkey Virus.

I thought if I unplugged the internet from my computer while I was working, it wouldn't keep popping up. Wrong. It's pretty firmly implanted and pops up like clockwork.

I can see I'm going to have to call in the big guns on this one. Have you any idea how annoying it is to have The Angry Monkey pop up in the middle of Dancing With the Stars? The girls and I watch it on line together and it pops up several times.

If anyone out there has any idea what I'm dealing with here, your input is welcome! I'll pay in chocolate, brownies, spaghetti dinners, or whatever suits you!

4 comments:

Bagel Two said...

Which security program do you have? I only wonder because the Norton is best in Dad's opinion.

I have no computer savvy, so I can't help you with Angry Monkey, unless it helps to sing the 'Five Little Monkeys, jumpin on the bed' song, which I am forced to do at least twice a day.

chocolatechic said...

I was also wondering what security system you are using.

I say, turn off the Angry Monkey!

Anonymous said...

Hm.
Sorry, I can't help you with your angry monkey problems. But I can, however, vividly imagine your horror and surprise! You have my condolences. ;]

DaDaHaZaReJe said...

Sorry, I know so little about computers that it could get lost in a thimble. But could I borrow yours for a little while? I'd like to put it on my front stoop so when the neighborhood kitties come to mark the territory as theirs, maybe just maybe they would get the bejeebers scared out of them and NEVER come back. Angry monkeys might do it! Or maybe could I just have the monkeys and your computer could say "Shhh, baby's sleeping."

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker