Monday, October 29, 2007

School!

If you're putting together a school room, make sure you have book shelves AND cabinets. There's some stuff you just don't want to put out in the open.

How did I get so much STUFF?

What am I going to do with 50 lbs of clay? So, I haven't used it yet. I will.

That's the thing with home schooling. You have to hold on to everything! The things Tyler used are now being used by Kelly. Kelly's stuff is being used by Glenna (or will be). When Glenna finishes with it, out it goes!

I will be posting pictures very soon, because the school room is done and we have moved in! It has been pure pleasure to go out of the house, away from distractions, and get work done. We celebrated with cheers each time we needed an encyclopedia, walked two steps, and retrieved what we needed. I have our desktop computer out there for school projects. It's so nice! I'm sure the bloom will wear off the rose, but for now, why did we wait so long? I taught classes today and it was wonderful!

The rest of the house actually looks more open and homey, now that the school stuff is out. It's exactly as I had hoped. Bonus: there's still plenty of room for the band to practice. :-) Priorities, you know.

One last thing to move; the KONOS timeline. We've moved three times and I've taken it down and replaced it each time. It will now have a permanent home and NOT be part of my home decor. Don't get me wrong, the timeline is a great teaching tool. It's just. . . well. . . I'll have to take pictures to show you what I mean.

Coming soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for the school room being finished! One day soon I'm going to go see it. :]

Allie said...

Can't wait to see it! Can I come by tomorrow sometime?

Mrs said...

Oh yes! Tours given daily. :-) I will be out in the early morning until around 10 or 10:30, but then I'll be home all day.

You can come and tell us if it looks like an FSU room!

Anonymous said...

Ahem.

May I say something?

I, for one, did not think it even remotely resembled an FSU room! =P
I really liked it!

Bagel Two said...

Congratulations on the completion of your project! Now the kids can really GO to school!

(Mrs. JLW, you must email me and tell me what an FSU room is; the suspense is bad for my health.)

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker