Monday, October 08, 2007

The Lecturn

I know, I know, the picture is in sideways. I can't deal with changing it right now.

I wanted to show off this fantastic lecturn Himself made for me!

My neighbor was having a garage sale several years ago and he had this fantastic wooden box. For two dollars, I snapped it right up. I didn't know WHAT I wanted it for yet, but I wanted it. It was moved around the garage several times by Himself; I prevented him from tossing it several times as well!

When I started teaching classes, he added a board across the top at an angle, with a lip at the bottom of the board so things wouldn't roll off. I loved it. I requested wheels for the bottom of the box so I wouldn't have to lift and drag it each time I needed to move it, which was several times per class.


Last month, he went one better.


Not only did I get wheels, but he added SHELVES! He also made a little frame on the top shelf for my pens so they won't roll around. I now keep all my teacher's manuals in the lecturn, plus reference books. As I sit and grade papers, I wheel my lecturn next to me and EVERYTHING is at my fingertips; paperclips, pens, books, and grade book. Then I use it during class as the lecturn.


Each time I sit to grade papers or help the girls with school, I thank God for Himself and this jewel he made! I can't wait (she says again) until the rest of the school room is as organized as my two dollar yard sale box.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that! Don't you love a good garage sale find?

chocolatechic said...

Way to go , Himself!!!

You are most fortunate that your Mr. has these talents.

Bagel Two said...

Bless you, Mr. JW. You are a prince among men. Let's hear it for projects completed!

Anonymous said...

Ooo! Lovely.
Looks like you found yourself a carpenter. ;]
Does Mr. W also know how to make built-in wall bookshelves?

DaDaHaZaReJe said...

So cool!!!! Bless that wonderful man!!

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker