Sunday, October 21, 2007

More Yutes

Recently, the high schoolers had a Beach Night. They decorate the sanctuary, haul in sand for sand castle contests, and come in (modest) beach attire.


Some of them came dressed as pirates.
It looks like Zach (center) is making a weird face, but actually he's "Arrrrggghh" -ing me. Maybe you're not supposed to smile or laugh in the middle of an Arrrgggghhhh.

I didn't notice until just now that Matt (yellow shirt) had a wooden knife. That may further explain the expression on Zach's face! Oh, and the other guy? Crazy looking? Preacher's kid.


This is another Matt with a much milder Arrrggghh and expression.


This, believe it or not, is a Spanish professor at a local university! Actually, she's a jewel. She came to my house for years to tutor my children in Spanish and Algebra. Te amo mucho, professora Sarita!


Ok, now this is funny. Here's my Kelly with Stephen G. I noticed they were dressed alike, hollered out "Matching!" and demanded a picture. They were less than amused to discover they were dressed the same. . . . again.




See, Kelly had this concert shirt that she adored from a band called Five Iron Frenzy. Every time she would try to wear it to a church function, Stephen was wearing the exact same shirt. It got to where Kelly would bring the shirt in a bag, wait to see what Stephen had on, then put it on if the coast was clear. Where are your pink flowers, Stephen?



I'm not sure why this Zach is smiling. Maybe because he finally pilfered the keys from his Mom, is 16, and therefore close to driving? Perhaps he won the sandcastle contest? Or maybe he sampled every dessert in the baking contest and is on a massive sugar high? Frankly, this is one kid used to having his picture taken. His family returned from a vacation with nearly 5,000 photos!
Hey. . . wait a minute. . . those are MY keys he's holding!!!!

5 comments:

chocolatechic said...

Looks like a great time was had.

Who had the lucky job of cleaning up the sand?

Anonymous said...

The band planned to dress as pirates. I skipped out on that one and opted for the sweater route.

I know, I know...bORing. But hey, that's how I roll. (Plus, I used the excuse that I came directly from quartet practice.) :D

Besides, it's a little more festive than last year.
http://www.thriveyouth.org/pages/beach5.htm
;]

Allie said...

That's terrible about the texture machine! Did you get it done anyway? Jeremy is going tomorrow am to pick up a tool from the guy who was doing the tape for us. When he gets home, I'll call you because then we'll know when we can be done. You have my word - it'll be ASAP!!!!

Anonymous said...

must have been an interesting night!

Mrs said...

Rachel, aren't you glad to be with me, safely in Trek, before you join these crazy teens?

;-)

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker