Saturday, October 20, 2007

Home to a Mess

I was at a convention on Thursday and Friday, hence the lack of posts. I honestly don't know how some mothers work part time and home school. I brought my girls with me and the first day they did some school, but I don't think either one did school on Friday. I'm also behind in my Bible study and I have 16 papers to grade before Monday.


Still, the keynote speaker was Dr. Ken Ham of Answers in Genesis, so I'm definitely counting it as a school day for both girls! We were in the same room as the keynote sessions and his workshop lectures, so Kelly and Glenna heard it all.


Well, Glenna heard most of it. What she mainly heard was there's a booth with a yard-long stick of gum for free, a booth with breadsticks and pizza for free, and a booth with cookies, cheesecake, and Smartees for free. I made her scrub her teeth several times when she got home.


We also starved the first day. I forgot to bring some protein snacks, but Jan H. had some almonds with her. The goal was to eat a big breakfast, I'd spring for lunch, then we'd eat dinner when we came home. That was before I saw they wanted ten dollars for a burger platter. Ten dollars!!! That did not include a drink! Then they wanted six dollars for a hot dog. A hot dog! Six D-O-L-L-A-R-S!!! We ate like crazy when we got home instead.


I mentioned my Bible study earlier. For Phyllis in Russia, here's a some pictures of the ladies in my Bible study. :-) Notice anyone familiar?


(Jaan, Raia, and Asya's Grandma is in this photo) Sorry it's not a better photo!


This photo contains a pastor's wife, a survivor, an incredible servant, an English woman who is fluent in Hebrew, and a missionary.


Mary Ann B, now recovering from back surgery. Next to her is another crazy home school mom. Next to her, believe it or not, is another grandmother!


Jimmie thought this would be a bad picture of her because she was eating. I took care of the "bad" part for her, don't you think?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I know so many of these people!
The crazy home school mom you mentioned makes me laugh so hard! I love talking to her!
I really miss writing class with Mrs. R! I hardly get to see her anymore. :[

Thanks for sharing the "quotation marks" blog :D haha. Very funny!

DaDaHaZaReJe said...

You make me laugh! I react the same way to the prices at conventions! The last one I went to, I ate a cup of soup - and it was the hottest (as in spicy!) cup of soup I ever ate but I licked that cup dry because I paid a fortune for it and it was all I was getting that day.

What a great group of ladies to study with! We are richly blessed to have in our body so many beautiful women who are seeking the heart of God!

I think you and Jimmie are both beautiful!

chocolatechic said...

Ken Ham........great man!

Super stuff. The man that made all the dinosaur models for his Museum in Kentucky lives here in our town and goes to our sister church. He is a cool man!

Mrs said...

I REALLY want to go to that museum. Road trip, anyone?

DaDaHaZaReJe said...

I'm in! ooh, now wouldn't that be one fun field trip?

Phyllis said...

Thank you! We loved the photos. Raia wasn't quite sure that she could see Baba Kathy, but Jaan could. :-) Jaan wants to know what Mrs. McCutchen was eating.

Mrs said...

Jaan, Mrs. McCutchen was eating a brownie. In the photo she's still chewing but she was using her napkin. :-)

If you ever come to visit again, I'll make you some!

Phyllis said...

Ah, Jaan knows what brownies are. He (and his mother!) would be very happy to take you up on your offer of some.

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker