Sunday, November 09, 2008

I'm Awake

Why am I on line at 5 in the morning?

Because I'm awake.

My dear friend once told me, "When you can't sleep, don't count sheep! Talk to the Shepherd!" So, when my eyes opened at 4:05, I decided to talk to the Shepherd. He brought to mind the newlyweds whose wedding I attended last night, so once again I thanked Him for their lives and their love.

Now what?

Blink. Blink.

Himself is on the men's retreat so I could turn on a light without disturbing anyone. I didn't feel like reading, though, so I decided to get on Himself's computer. He has this folder of family pictures and I cruised through that.

I found these pictures from Evangelin's CD release party back in March! Our friend Dave (from RZoo) had taken these and given us a copy. It was such a fun night!

Dave has one of those cameras with a fast shutter so he was able to catch some great action.

Ty, but he's really just getting started. That's Beefy with the guitar. I miss him, but I'm so excited about the new band members!

Now we're starting to get a little blurry stick action!


Look at his face. Yes, he's really that into it. He's not just like this at shows, either. When I walk through the living room during a practice, he's all-out.


Hey now . . . . I'm guessing this is the chorus of a song. Sometimes he even comes up out of his seat!



Whaaaaa???? Whoa!!! Look at the sticks and cymbals!





We had a really great crowd for the CD release. There were two other bands who played, then Evangelin. I'd say there were at least 70 to 80 people, which is good for a local, unsigned band.
Before you think they filled the room, here's an actual shot:
This is our church's sanctuary. Our youth pastor is so great and let the boys have their CD release here. We take down all the chairs and put them back when we're done. We also don't use any of the church's sound equipment! Too hard on the speakers. (Heh, heh.)
The next photos show the actions and antics of our bass player, Jeremy. He once hit Zach in the mouth and chipped his tooth, so now they stick him off to the side and stay clear. Jeremy's on the far right. [Side note: he's back to lead guitar now!]

In which Jeremy goes crazy on bass guitar.







In which Jeremy's strap breaks, flinging the guitar toward the crowd. Zach has his own guitar in the air and doesn't notice.








In which the innocent bystander, who was almost nailed with the bass, hands it back to Jeremy.






In which Jeremy looks at Ty and says, "Dude, I dropped my guitar!" All the guitarists in the crowd think it's hilarious, but they're also very concerned about the guitar.




Lights up, end of the show. Can anyone spot Kelly in this picture? Glenna was in a few shots, but I think she had left the room at this point.
Jessie's in this picture, too, but it's before she was his Jessie. :-)
I can't wait for their next show with Paul on bass and Bryce on vocals!





5 comments:

Rebekah said...

Oh wow...that looked like an adventure! What fun!

Anonymous said...

Wasn't the release show in August? Cause it was right after our beach trip and Shane was there...
And I'm pretty sure I wore that shirt to the Mexico Benefit Concert. ;)

Regardless, it was fun!

Mrs said...

Gah! Perhaps I should change the title to "I'm Up!" instead of "I'm Awake"! The time stamp on the photos was April, which of course would coincide with the Benefit concert for Mexico and not the CD release.

Sharp eye, Jess!

It also means that you WERE his Jess then. ;-)

Mrs said...

You were his Jess at the CD release, not the Benefit concert, pictured here.

Going back to bed.

Raquel said...

Ah yes, I was wondering about that...

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker