Friday, November 07, 2008

Super Suppers

Last night, BA and I went to a Tasting at Super Suppers. They served us beverages and gave us a list of the foods we'd be sampling. We were asked to rate the foods from 1 to 10 and write additional comments.

I had such a great time chatting with BA. We have such busy lives once school starts! We steered away from politics (mostly) and got into the meat of our lives. I just love that gal.

The food, I felt, wasn't as good as Dinner A'Fare. I may be biased, but I saw that BA gave low rankings to several of the dishes as well. I felt they used more processed foods but didn't have a list of ingredients. Also, they had onions in almost everything! I like onions if they're well-cooked, but these were a little too raw.

They were also fond of plopping cheese or some kind of nut on everything - both foods for me to avoid. Some of the foods just tasted . . . odd.

There was one dish, however, that I ended up purchasing. Autumn Pork Roast Stew or something like that . . . the potatoes were heavenly! BA and I both gave it a 10.

Their prices were also at least $20.00 more than D'A.

So, I'm settled in my mind where I will be going when I do this. In fact, I'm heading off for round 2 today and bringing the girls with me!

One major note: I didn't waste any food this week. I didn't have to buy 5 turnips in a package when I only needed one, same with zucchini. I didn't have produce rotting in my drawers because I only used parts. My freezer is empty except for some ground turkey. Empty! My produce drawers are empty! All I have in my fridge is lunch meat and cheese for lunches.

I love this especially.

3 comments:

Phyllis@Aimless Conversation said...

so jealous....but glad you are enjoying your meals.

=) Do you miss cheese? Good grief, I know I would!!

Anonymous said...

I had a great time too. It's always nice to take time out to spend with a good friend.

See you at the wedding!

Mrs said...

You know, I'm making that entree I bought from Super Suppers tonight. It's full of fat and gristle! That pretty much sealed the deal for me.

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker