Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ice, Ice, Baby

I don't normally post twice in one day, but I just received these photos from my Dad in Arkansas. His step-son, who lives on the property with them but in his own house, has a generator and was able to email these to me.

My Dad and his wife are currently without power or water and have been since yesterday morning. They were able to get out last night and get dinner, but as of this morning the entire town is closed down and without power. Jack, the step-son, also had to come over and break the ice off their door so they could get out of their house. This is in Harrison, Arkansas.


Here's a few photos of his "baby truck" that arrived with the note, "Can we come back to Florida? It's cold here!" Click the photo for a larger view.





This tree is completely encased in ice. Most of the trees in the yard are destroyed. They are simply shattering with the cold. Current temperature is 9 degrees.

5 comments:

Raquel said...

EEEK!!! Glad I'm not there!

Acacia said...

I've always wondered what below 10 degrees feels like, maybe I'll not find out!

Anonymous said...

Pure misery!

Anonymous said...

I have no desire -whatsoever - to ever experience that! I already have a difficult enough time keeping my hands warm inside. I wouldn't much like to practice with frozen fingers.

Phyllis@Aimless Conversation said...

Oh wow...I thought it was cold here. Brrrr

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker