Saturday, June 06, 2009

Not just D-Day


27 years ago today, a young man asked an even younger girl if they could "go together."

She said yes.

One year ago today, their son read all about it in a letter his mother had written him while he was serving with a team in Mexico.

Yes, he thought, it's time.

For Himself and me, this date of our start-to-dating is almost more precious than our anniversary. Why?

Because we had all strikes against us.

Because no one believed we should be together.

Because we were expected to break up, as most high school romances did. In fact, some even encouraged us to break up.

But we didn't, and we persevered through some pretty difficult trials.

I'm so very, VERY glad we did.

I love you, Mr. JLW!

4 comments:

agable said...

So precious! I love your story. It gives hope to so many couples that may be going through trials. You both are such an inspiration to Ben and I.

BA said...

Awwwww....

Unknown said...

This is one of my favorite stories ever.
The end.

P.S. Thanks for writing Tyler that letter... ;)

Michelle Guzman said...

What a great photo!!!

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker