Monday, June 29, 2009

Headaches: A Year Later

Back in April of 2008, I began this journey to rid myself of headaches. The results are in.

1. I lost about 18 pounds. Now I seem to fluctuate a pound or two but overall have kept it off.

2. The endless cycle of headaches is now permanently changed. Sometimes I can't keep one from coming, but if it does I take Naproxin at night, go to bed, and I'm FINE the next morning. No more days and days of headache!

3. I find I crave healthier foods. I still love tortilla chips and eat those once in a while, but I find if I eat too many processed (even slightly processed) foods I feel kind of blah. The Vitamix has come in so handy lately! I'm so thankful it's summer and so many yummy fruits are available.

(I tried to make a green smoothie and it came out an ugly brown. Any tips?)

4. If I mostly stay away from the foods that bother me, I find an occasional tasting of a forbidden food has no effect. This, sadly, does not apply to chocolate. Chocolate still gets me, every time.

All in all, I'm so thankful for how great I feel. I can go on a trip and not be terrified that I don't have excedrin with me (both regular and PM, mind you). If I do get a headache I know it won't cripple me for days.

I probably need a new wardrobe because my pants are too loose. If only my bank account could match this bonus!

5 comments:

DaDaHaZaReJe said...

Most of my 'green smoothies' aren't really green. The 'green' is just what goes in them. Did it taste good? Sometimes they're brown or purple.

Speaking of craving... I think I'm gonna go make one...yum!

agable said...

So proud of you! Isn't it amazing how many positive changes can be made just by altering what we eat? I am praying for positive results with my own eating habits. You and Jessie inspire me :)

Unknown said...

Hooray for hope! I know it's not impossible!

But, really, I'm still so hungry ALL the time!
Exercise + this crazy diet = constant munching

MissElaineous said...

Did you have a headache Sunday?

Mrs said...

No, I didn't have one Sunday.

Did it look like I did? :-D

We left the flower party early because I had to feed the fam and then teach a Keeper's at Home session at 7.

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker