Thursday, June 04, 2009

Up On the Roof

In March, our incredible church family helped put a new roof on our house! We're so grateful for their hard work, skills, and know-how. There's practically a roofing ministry in our church, since so many have been done.


There was a lot of work to do before the crews arrived, so we got right to it.




You know there's a big mess coming when they park one of these in the yard!



Tyler coaxed me onto the second story. I stayed right on the apex and didn't dare turn around unless I was hanging on to him.



Sweeping was a constant. If not, the tiny little roof granules from the old shingles would create a horribly slick surface. My kids were crawling all over the roof like they'd done it every day, whereas I was terrified!













Are you dizzy, yet?




The mess was just beginning. I was happy to stay on the ground and load the mess into the container.




Jessie came over and of course had to inspect the progress. Ty walks up and down the ladder standing straight up, while the rest of us have to hang on. I guess our stairs have prepared him for this?











Real roofers don't let a little thing like darkness hinder them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Who's the snob who came too dressed up to work?
=P

Raquel said...

Hooray, I was waiting to see these pictures!

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker