Friday, August 12, 2011

Fakers

I'm trying to figure out how to shop and plan for a healthier eating lifestyle. I certainly don't want to just buy a bunch of fruits and veggies and then have them rot in the fridge because I don't have a plan!

I started out so productive today.

I took care of school business and paid all our personal bills. I was going to clear out the fridge and take inventory.

The counter was full of dirty dishes.

I threw in some laundry, made Glenna help me in the kitchen, then felt a headache coming on and needed to rest.

Every single person in my family came knocking on my door. Tyler didn't, but he's safe at work and he doesn't really live here anymore.

I was expecting the dogs to knock next.

I gave up on my nap and went into the kitchen to start dealing with the fridge again.

There were dirty dishes all over the counter.

Could. Not. Believe. It.

How long had I actually been gone? 20 minutes? Keep in mind that we no longer have a dishwasher, so dishes must be washed and dried BY HAND.

I washed the dishes and went into the bathroom.

The sink is backed up.

Not kidding.

I am trying so hard to get out of this funky mood! The internet doesn't work when I'm trying to find menus or grocery lists; it just goes on and on. Then, of course, everyone is talking about the droughts in Africa and I HAVE SO MUCH.

When will we be free from our sin natures? Could it be now, please?

ANYWAY . . .

In my research, I'm finding that if you don't want to eat meat (which is not me), you're supposed to eat FAKE MEAT.

And that's somehow BETTER for you?

I want REAL FOOD, not too much, mostly plants. I don't want anything that has chicken misspelled and quotations around it, like "chikn" strips. I don't even want to know what's in them! I don't think soy is a good idea, either, from the research I've done.

It's one hot, confusing mess, and I'm one hot, irritated woman.

There. I said it.

No comments:

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker