Saturday, August 04, 2007

Another meal we may skip

Homemade Pimento Cheese Sandwiches


Granny's Pimento Cheese

1/2 small jar of pimentos (where do these come from, anyway? Kelly says they're grown inside of olives)
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
mayonnaisedash of salt (may be omitted) yeah, so your arteries can handle the cheese and mayo better

Combine cheese with mayonnaise until the consistency you desire is reached (some people like chunky pimento cheese-others like creamier pimento cheese). I am not making this up, folks! Add in pimentos and salt with a small amount of juice from the jar of pimentos. Stir until well blended (and the color of puke). Refrigerate at least 2 hours before spreading on bread for sandwiches.


Is it just because I'm a southern California girl that I've never heard of this? I mean, I've eaten this stuff in celery before, but not as a sandwich on its own.

3 comments:

chocolatechic said...

Pimentos start out as red peppers.

They do something with them. What, I am not sure of.

Anonymous said...

I've never even heard of Pimentos.

And so far, the lack of them has not left a black void or a yearning for the enrichment that they alone can bring.

Bagel Two said...

Thanks, Jess, for today's laugh out loud!

I never knew pimentos started out as red peppers--the poor bairns, what have they done to ye?! Rode hard and put away wet doesn't cover it.

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker