Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Three Little Words

Words every mother is relieved to hear:

"Mom, I'm OK."


Words that don't matter so much after the first words:

"I've been in an accident."


My son knows how to talk to me, that's for sure. He made sure I clearly heard the first before he announced the second. He then repeated them as often as I needed to hear them.

"Yes, I am 100% OK."

My car, on the other hand, had to be towed home. A cab driver ran a red light. The driver side door cannot be opened, and the front axle is bent. This is bad, since my car is front-wheel drive. The police officer said Ty was not at fault. Ty was being extra cautious; he watched the lights carefully, saw that he had a green arrow, then proceeded. He said it was like being in a movie -- seeing the headlights, hearing the brakes squeal, smacking his head. Fortunately, the kid is tall! He smacked it on the cushioned interior and not the window.


We're both thankful he took my car last night. I don't think he would have fared as well in his little car.

Thank you, Father, for protecting my son.

5 comments:

Bagel Two said...

My heart jumped a beat when I read those first words--

Thank you from me, too, God. Are you okay, J? Just imagining your state of mind is bringing tears of relief to my own eyes...

Mrs said...

I was shakey and nauseous last night. Doing better in the light of day!

Pictures to come. :-(

Anonymous said...

How scary.
I'm glad he's okay.
Cars are replaceable.

chocolatechic said...

I knew exactly what you were going to say as soon as I began reading the first lines.

I am so sorry. I have been in far to many accidents to count......and none of them have been my fault. I am not looking forward to the time when I receive a phone call like that.

Thank God that our children are in His hands and He can take the wheel!

DaDaHaZaReJe said...

Tears are dripping; I can't help it.

I'm praising God and oh, so thankful for His protection and tender mercy.

Hugs from me to both of you!

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker