Monday, August 06, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mom/Ya-Ya!!!

This is my Mom. Yes, I look just like my Mom, and I'm so glad! I mean, look at that smile! Today is her **** birthday (can't post the age without her permission). In this picture, we had stopped at a restaurant in Socorro, NM, for some Mexican food. Since we were traveling most of the day, I didn't wear make-up. But, by golly, I'm wearing the turquoise! This was taken last year when the girls and I went for a visit. You can see the contentment on my face . . . I was with my Mom, and that's one of my favorite places to be!





I've written about this onery cowboy before. He puts a smile on Mom's face, but he does make her grit her teeth in frustration, too! Still, I'm so thankful they have each other.


Mom is finally living the life she's always wanted . . . on a ranch in New Mexico. Himself and I wish we were living the same life! She has her horses, her animals, her cowboy, and her beloved New Mexico. Life is never a dull moment between the dogs, cats, predators, snow, and wind.

I love these two so much. I pray they have found peace at last, and are enjoying every minute of their lives on the ranch together. My birthday prayer for Mom is for her to continue to grow closer to God, Dad, and ME!!! ;-D

3 comments:

Bagel Two said...

Lovely pictures. Happy Birthday, JLW's mom! Thanks for letting me spend so much time with your one and only daughter. She's the best gift I've ever had.

Anonymous said...

WOW! You two look so much alike! And you're right about that smile. :D
Happy birthday, Kelly's grandma!

As much as you may miss the desert, I sure am glad God brought you all here! That was definitely a good change. :]

Mrs. Darling said...

Great pics!

Happy Birthday to your mom!

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker