Saturday, July 14, 2007

All Things Glenna

There are many reasons why I don't have a lot of pictures of Glenna. First of all, she's the third born and soft spoken (unlike her mother, who is third born and LOUD). Secondly, she's usually off doing her own thing. Lastly, she likes to be behind the camera herself, and everyone knows there's rarely pictures of the photographer! I thought today's blog would focus on my wee bairn.

Here she is with her friend, Rachel (of the BA and ML clan). I was so happy to see her climbing all over these rocks! Where I grew up in California, we played on rocks like these all the time. Here in FL, all rocks are IMPORTED. That's right, imported. If you want a rock like this, you'll pay BIG bucks! It took a 9 hour drive and an hour hike to get to these!


This girl's a pretty brave soul when it comes to exploring, though not as brave when it comes to things like roller coasters. She likes them well enough, but I think when she has some age and weight on her, she'll like them more. Here she's delicately making her way down to the water at the other falls, Turtle Rock. Her Dad's waiting to help Rachel down.

How fun was it as a little kid to hitch a ride on your Dad? Here she's at Rainbow Falls, and they're trying to see how close they can get to the bottom of the actual falls. Josh (Rachel's favorite brother) is tagging along behind, but none of them got very close!

The water is brown because all the rocks are brown. Make sense? It's white and pretty when it comes over the falls. Here's Glenna in the background, swimming up to Rachel. Kelly's in the foreground, barely missed by the "loogie" one of the boys in the Scared Kids post had hawked earlier. Look at those rocks! I so envied the natural landscaping, or the homes with these great rock walls or rock formations. I miss rocks.



My happy girl, swimming around at Rainbow Falls. If she's swimming, she's smiling. Her lips might be a little blue, but she's smiling!


I think she enjoyed her trip up the Blueridge Parkway. She loves being squished in a vehicle with her entire family. She loves being with her family, period, and we all love being with HER! Yep, she's my favorite 10 year old in the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the last one!
I think it captures the essence of Glenna. :]

She gave me a hug last night. She's a kindred spirit. :]

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker