Friday, July 27, 2007

Oh, His Aching Back!

Could you all please pray for Himself?

About two years ago, he suffered a back injury. Since then, it re-appears from time to time. The only one surprised by this is him! A back injury is pretty much a permanent injury, especially when it involves herniated a disc.

He jogged twice around the neighborhood with Kelly to show her how to pace herself, and he's been miserable since. When he stands, he has to throw his hips forward and he leans to one side. He's going to the chiropractor, and eventually he'll be fine again. It's just hard when there's so much on his agenda, and his job involves riding in a car or sitting at a desk (the two worst positions for your back).

I have a feeling my migraines are nothing compared to this!

4 comments:

chocolatechic said...

I am so sorry that he is in so much pain.

I will remember himself in my prayers.

Bagel Two said...

I feel for you, Coolest of the TriTom Guys. Back injuries are the pits of the pits. Please take it easy.

Said a prayer, too. Do prayers have to have actual words, Bagel One? I was just wondering.

Mrs said...

BT, what a great question! If you mean, does it have to be audible? No.

When you have trusted that the death of Jesus on the cross, His burial and ressurection, have fully paid the price for your sins, you become a child of God. Eph. 1:13-14 says the Holy Spirit then dwells within you. One of the jobs of the Holy Spirit is to translate our prayers to God, since we really don't know how to pray anyway.

Romans 8:26 reads, "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express."

I love that, because usually when I speak out loud I say the wrong thing. When I type, I have time to go back and delete. ;-D

But, if you just think you ought to pray for someone and consider THAT praying for them (without thinking words or saying words aloud), I think God honors that, too, because He knows our hearts.

Bagel Two said...

Funny how years and years of Catechism never brought me that particular line about the Holy Spirit. I like that "groans that words cannot express." When I pray it usually feels like a burst of feeling--they used to tell us to use the Our Father etc. if we couldn't think of anything to say. One priest I asked did tell me words weren't strictly required, as God, you know, knows all.

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker