Saturday, July 28, 2007

Two Terrific Tykes

We call them The Twins.

Glenna and Will were born only weeks apart. Unfortunately, we moved to Florida when Glenna was 20 months old, so they were only infants in the same town together. We made one trip out to California since then [with the kids] and Will has been out here twice.


All this explains why my heart is so glad to see these two together. For the most part, they get along so well! They play together for hours and hours, laughing and having a good time. At other times, they're like my two Grand-Aunties in New Mexico who used to fuss and fuss at each other, much to the amusement of the rest of the family.


I took Will to Walmart because one of the dogs (not to mention any names) ate his headphones. Granted, he had been warned to put his stuff away, so it wasn't entirely the small, name-sounds-like-Robbs dog's fault. In fact, I am never surprised when a dog acts like a dog. It's just what they do.


So we take Will to Walmart, and suddenly he realizes he's at a store with cash money. This is money his mother gave him, for him to use. He was giddy, I tell you. After pricing and purchasing headphones, he headed straight to the toy department.


This is the scene that greeted me after I put ice on Himself's back last night:
That's Will, and under the coolest coffee table ever is Glenna and Hobbs. They're playing with this Wrestlemania stage that Will bought after hours of deliberation.


"What are you guys doing?"
"We're making a pet food commercial."


Glenna finds this quite funny. Will pretends to be bashful. Trust me, this kid is bashful for all of 5 minutes, tops, then he jumps right in! Note the full attention Hobbs is giving Glenna; after all, she did mention pet food. I think he's planning on his next meal being miniature wrestling guys.




Will sets the stage for some major wrestling (or wrasslin', depending on where you're from) action. As he's explaining everything to me, there's hysterical laughter and commentary coming from under the table.




Is Mom still there with the camera? ACK!


It's so fun to chase a kid under a table with a camera. You don't even need the viewfinder, you just point and shoot.



Any time they start to fuss at each other, I'm going to show them these pictures.


Here's Jack, newly shaved, shampooed, and shining, keeping a dignified distance.


Some of my best memories are the times I spent with my cousins. Each of them are wonderful, special, and I love talking and laughing with them. It grieves me that my kids don't know their cousins as well because we're so far away, but we're really trying to make sure they know who they are! Their closest cousins are in South Carolina.


Do you have any cousin memories?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When we were younger, my cousin, Katie, and I were inseperable! She's a year older than I, and moved here when she was about 6. We have hours and hours of video of us being newscasters! Lion News Network was always on top of the latest stories! Haha. I loved having her so close!

How fun for Glenna to have her cousin here for part of the Summer!

P.S. Tali's gone :'(

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker