Thursday, July 19, 2007

A Glenna's-eye view

When the girls and I went to New Mexico last June ('06), I was able to let them take pictures of anything that caught their eye because of the wonders of the digital camera. There's no stressing over "wasting film" because we can simply delete the ones we don't want. I loved looking through the pictures, the way they framed their shots, and the oddball collection of images.


All the pictures in this post were taken by Glenna, age 10, from our cabin in NC. Some are quite random, but some are quite good!


This one and the one below are my two favorites. Glenna loves all things western, so the wood in these pictures must have really appealed to her.












I suspect this is where she and Rachel played when they disappeared from the cabin. I haven't asked her yet, but doesn't this look like the makings of a miniature Indian village?


This shot was taken from one of the balconies. The "Indian Village" would be under the trees, right where the path ends. Slightly spoiling the shot is the grey satellite dish in the left of the photo. Ah well.

I am up at this hour because my Kelly is coming home from camp! She has been gone all week and I miss her terribly. I need her home. Now.
Ty's waiting up with me and we'll go get her together. He's playing some video game Jeremy brought when they brought the baby food, etc. He tells me, "Don't watch, Mom. It's gory." When does it stop? :-D

5 comments:

Bagel Two said...

Anyone who knows someone who likes videogames will tell you: they may take breaks, but they never stop. I distinctly remember telling Ricardo,"I will be ticked if you spend umpteen hours doing that when they could be better spent doing any number of urgent household improvements." The response, "Don't worry. I'll get to them." It's a good thing I didn't hold my breath!

Bagel Two said...

By the way, I love the picture of the wooden steps going down. And the village!

Anonymous said...

The third one is my absolute favorite! Glenna has a photographer's eye!

...soooo, get enough sleep?
Did you enjoy Miss Potter?

Mrs said...

BT, click on the "where does it stop" link to the first post about this. We've kept it away for so long!

He's actually pretty good about it because it's in the living room and he doesn't want to play when we're all trying to talk or watch a movie.

Bagel Two said...

Yeah, I read that post earlier. It made me laugh--remember my mom telling my dad she would be happy forever? Each and every time she wanted to buy something big...

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker