Saturday, July 14, 2007

All Things Kelly

Here we are, watching crazy people slide down Turtle Rock. Right at the crook of my elbow you can see the rope used to climb up, then (as you'll see later) you slide down the waterfall into the pool below. I use "you" in the "everyone but me" sense, of course. And not Kelly. Or BA. Or Himself. Or Ty, Glenna, and Rachel. Everyone else, though.



Kelly is the one in our family who keeps us all moving. When she's with friends, our house is extremely quiet and we can easily just lie around, take naps, and let the world of excitement pass us by. Since Kelly was a tiny tot, though, she's wanted to be where people are and things are happening! She kindly offers to plan out my days for me, and it usually involves driving her somewhere, or picking up her friends, or heading to every store she can think of for that PERFECT _____________ (fill in the blank). Don't tell her, but I love it. I love it when it's not the last minute, that is. You know, not, "We're leaving at 3 am for five days of camp and I need a swimsuit." That can be exhausting.




It's a rare thing when you'll see this girl without a smile. She's always singing, humming, and smiling. Once, her Dad and brother were moving a heavy bookcase for me. As they did their, "One, two, three, go!" efforts, Kelly couldn't help but scream along with them. She has done that all her life! It's her way of helping.




Here, she was making her way over to her Dad at Rainbow Falls. Mind you, she was swimming against the current produced by the waterfall, so it was quite an effort! She gives you an idea of how big that log was, though. There are spots in the picture because the falls were making this constant mist. It felt sooooo goood!





This picture gives you an idea of the "easy" part of the trail. It was so green, shady, and pretty! I found all kinds of flowers, and I even found wild raspberries (not ripe, very sour). Anyway, Kelly was walking next to ML here. I'm sure they were having some deep theological discussion, but knowing ML, he was probably asking her who she thought the hot guys at church were. He likes to embarrass her like that.



Lord, thank you for giving me this girl. God is my Rock, and Kelly is my rock with "skin." She keeps me sane, she keeps me moving, she is my constant helper . . . .she is pure joy to her Daddy and me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have come to love this girl an awful lot!

She's always making me smile, but not afraid to cry with me.
She reminds me of a beautiful wildflower; she's lovely and has this wonderfully refreshing fragrance that makes me want to be around her.
:]

Bagel Two said...

We could use a Kelly over at our house. Send some of that sunshine over here!

Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker